This year we made sugar cookies both “regular” and gluten free. We had lots of fun picking out what cookie cutters to use and getting flour everywhere! Nana and I made the dough with some help and we rolled it for the kids to cut.
Elizabeth picked out the gingerbread girl and Matthew used the gingerbread boy. Cameron cut cookies in the shape of bells, while Zachary used the stocking.
Strategically planning where to place out cookie cutters.
Use those muscles.
The kids loved holding the cookie sheet while we placed the cookies on it to bake.
They wanted some with sprinkles, so on cookie sheet is baking with red and green sprinkles. It is amazing how much they think they need!
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour (I used pamela's gluten free flour mix)
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup margarine
- ¼ vanilla
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk (for rolling out you may need add more milk a tbsp at a time)
- Preheat the oven at 375. Combine all ingredients. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- For rolling - roll them to ¼ inch thickness on a floured surface. Please remember if you making gluten free cookies to dust with the gluten free flour. If you want to add sprinkles you may do so before you place them in the oven, by just sprinkling on the top.
- When done let them cool on cooling racks. Once cool you can decorate with icing or eat plain.