I am sure many of you might wonder what we might pack when we go on a vacation. Well I am going to answer just that with this blog entry! Of course I am sure you are aware that what we pack now is a little different than what we packed when we took our first vacation when they were 9 months old. We definitely do not take bottles, binkies, or bumbos with us anymore! We actually went to Branson then, just to get out of the house! The kids ate out in a restaurant for their very first time on that trip and we have some fond memories of that trip even though they were so young.
Back to what we pack now. One might say I like to be a little over prepared when we leave the house, especially for a number of days! I try to pack everything we could possible need while we are away. I would rather have to much stuff than not enough! So here is the break down of everything we packed for 4 days away from home in a condo in Branson, MO.
- Elizabeth’s suitcase that held 5 outfits (2 dresses, 3 shirts, 2 shorts, and one pair of jeans), a pair of pjs, 5 pairs of underwear, 3 pairs of socks, tennis shoes, sun hat, and swim suit.
- The boys’ suitcase which contained 15 shirts, 3 pairs of jeans, 9 shorts, 12 pairs of underwear, 3 sets of pjs, 9 pairs of socks, 3 pairs of tennis shoes, and 3 swimsuit trunks.
- Our suitcase which had enough clothes to get through our time away
- First Aid Kit-this contains anything I think we might need while we are gone for illness or boo boos. Band-aids, first aid cleaner, cotton balls, meds for the kids (ibuprofen, Tylenol, kids pepto, etc) Adult meds (ibuprofen, daily meds, etc) vitamins, thermometer, albuterol for the nebulizer for myself or the kids, neosporin, fingernail clippers, and more!
- Toiletry Tub- shampoo, conditioner, body wash (set for kids and set for adults) 6 tooth brushes, adult tooth paste, kids tooth paste, all my makeup and skin care products I need, lotions and perfume, floss,2 bottles of SSS bug Guard, lotion for Cameron if his eczema breaks out, hair spray, flat iron, hair ties for sis and myself, comb and a brush.
- Pool Bag- pool toys x 4 and towels (if needed, but our condo supplied pool towels)
- An 18 gallon tub-full of toys that the kids help pack plus 4 puzzles and 1 game
- 4 pillow pets
- 4 comforters
- Toys kids sleep with-Elizabeth’s twins, Cameron’s baby and football, Matthew’s bunny, Zachary’s Teddy bear (which was left behind)
- Snacks for the road
- drinks for the road
- a potty seat to use in the van and at the condo
- 8 movies to watch during the drive (the kids each pick 2)
- 4 Leap frog laptops to play with during the drive
- A bag full of art supplies to use if needed
- A tub full of books for the van and the condo
- My laptop, in case we need to dump the camera’s memory card
- The camera and its charger
- The camcorder and its charger
- Randy’s laptop in case he has to do some work
- 2 sets of kids cups, 4 extra sippy cups, 4 kids plates
- Wipes and 1 pack of diapers for when they sleep
Might I remind you we were only gone from Saturday to Tuesday!
I know that is a lot of stuff, but all we had to buy while in Branson were a few groceries and of course the couple of meals we did eat out and the few attractions we hit.
Long gone are the days Randy and I could load everything in one suitcase and hit the road and be gone a week!
I will be posting pictures and stories from our trip in several different posts over the next few days! So be on the look out for those!